Thursday, February 4, 2010

Moving Toward Dynamic Technologies



The static and dynamic technology classifications are new to me. During this past two years studying in a distant model I had worked most of the time from the static and middle part of the continuum. I had never participated in virtual simulations or gaming. Although I do believe I had experienced knowledge construction, knowledge reflection and deep thinking I would like to explore simulations and virtual worlds. Mind tools are applications that when used by learners critical thinking can be achieved. I believe a simple example is any software that can be used for creating concept maps.

Moving through the “static-dynamic continuum” is a matter of how we use the available technologies to engage in multiple levels of cognitive process. Being able to experience this continuum is always an individual challenge for me both as a learner and as a teacher.

2 comments:

  1. Very well spoken. How we use technology helps to determine the end result that we get. One individual result may be different from another. The best learning experience is the one where appropriate technology is being used and applied. Also, I would agree that it is an individual challenge being both a learner and a teacher.

    Emmorfia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts! I too have challenges with using technologies regularly. There are so many great innovations on the market now, but it does not seem like they are being used consistently due to time contraints and/or lack of experience. I think that school districts should try to incorporate these technologies more, using a slow-track process. Once the instructors and students truly have an opportunity to utilize the tools, I believe that learning would increase drastically.

    ReplyDelete